Thursday 11 November 2010

One year!


So much can happen, has happened in one year, our little boys turned one on Tuesday, and I kept refecting on what we were about to embark on, exactly one year ago. Sometimes, I stop and think.... did it all really happen? Did we actually have twins? When I tell people I have twins, it feels like I am talking about someone else... and yet I can't imagine life without them. So if I think about what has changed, besides being 23kg lighter, I realize that I am a different person, well, for one thing I have much less free time, and that makes me want to be better at spending it.
I started running about 3 weeks ago, first for the obvious reasons, the ones that initially get me into the gym to buy the expensive membership that I end up never using... which is to lose weight. But now for the first time, I am enjoying the freedom of it, the time I have just to myself when I am out jogging; to go though all the cobwebs of my brain. Suddenly, I want to push myself, just to see if I can do it. I decided to run a 10km race the day after I turn 35, only time will tell if I can follow through. I just got to keep telling myself, it can't be worse that giving birth to twins without an epidural! Talk about a work out... I mean that was a good day on the scales my friend, from the time I was admitted into labour and delivery until the next day I had lost 18 kilos with those two! How do you like them apples?

No comments:

Post a Comment