Tuesday 3 July 2012

A time to Sew

This morning I rose with the sun which was just after 4 and decided to take full advantage of the empty quiet living room before it became overrun with children and cereal bowels.
My friend who is also my coworker and I had paid a little visit to ikea in the hopes of finding some fabric and curtains to brighten up our new office. There we found "Evalotta" a perfect blue print with birds on it.. And on sale to boot!

So 40 minutes later the wall hanging was sewn and ironed and the 4 sleeping boys were none the wiser.

Azades generous husband spent a good part of his morning risking life and limb up on a ladder for us at work removing the mustard coloured drapes that had been hanging there for I don't know how long, and replacing them with light blue linen ones.

Azade and I worked away at unpacking and organizing until lunch and I can't tell you how good it felt to sit there!
A strange thing happened though .. Other teachers that were there stumbled in and had one of two reactions... Wow this is so nice... Oh I want to fix up my office too, or some off handed remark about how it was a waste of time or money that they themselves would never spend.
But I know the truth and that is I love my new office space and I look forward to sitting there and in turn isn't that enough to make me a better teacher and coworker?
Thank you miss A for showing me the good side of office living... I'm sold now and I can never go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment