Monday 5 August 2013

Home sweet home, and jet lag

The house is quiet with only the sound of my keys typing away. Here I am again jetlagged from Vancouver time. Over the years I have come to appreciate the small treats that come along with returning home after an extended vacation. That moment of falling exhausted into your own bed must be at the top of the list. The familiar scent of your home, that first shower and a cup of coffee made in your own kitchen. Don't get me wrong jet lag is tough but I'm trying to savor all of those little pleasures that pop up after coming home. I can't believe how much the twins have changed in only 17 days, I took them to the park today just so we can have some alone time, and I caught myself tearing up because they have gotten so big all of a sudden, they are talking up a storm in full sentences. Later we went to pick Alfred up from hockey camp, he had a ball! I don't know where that kid gets all his energy!





No comments:

Post a Comment