Sunday 25 August 2013

Some Moments Are Longer Than Others

Today was a day that started off great and ended up as a night to remember. As I do almost every Sunday in the summer, I got up early and started the coffee to make take-away lattes for my loppis girls. Anna picked me up just after 8 and we were off with a pocket full of change and an empty sturdy carrying bag yet to be filled with the day's finds at the local flea market. Just as always Ronneby Brunn never fails to delight. The weather was great and there were loads of tables with interesting things, I was on a new mission to find things for a fall winter conversion of our balcony as well as my usual list: antique linens and toys for the kids. Today I managed to find an old pot that was over 200 years old that will now hold a small evergreen shrub. And I just decided at this moment that they colours out there will be green red copper and some light blue. I can slowly see all of the layers coming together in my mind the fun part is making them appear in reality. 

Later today a colleague that I have had for over 10 years came by, and although we had worked on projects together in the past, we never really have connected on anything but a work level. But after tonight I have so much to thank her for, and even if we never hang out again I will look back on this night and our conversation as one of those moments in time where you realize something and the effect of that are so big that the whole notion of time freezes and transcends the entire concept of it. I can honestly say that sitting at my table tonight with her over a cup of tea I realized so many hard truths about myself and my life that I am still in a bit of a shock. It's like I've been fast forwarded to some other kind of understanding and realization that usually comes with years and yet here in one night bam, and now I just need to wait for my body to catch up! 

Tonight I realized, and this is big, that despite all the trials and tribulations I went though this past year physically, emotionally and mentally, I would do it all again!!!! Simply because I realized that the person I was before all of this happened is not the person I want to be. The girl that I was, seems so far away now, and I look back, and I am thankful that I won't be her again. I remember when I was teaching IB we had to pick a favorite quote and mine was "Once a perspective has been widened it can never be narrowed" and this night will go down in my personal growth history as the night I realized all things really do happen for a reason. And tonight I got many of my why questions answered =)

No comments:

Post a Comment