Saturday 24 April 2010

Judging a book by it's cover!


So the girls and I are finally getting a book club started, or at least setting a deadline to decide when to start one... and only after a few years of talking about it. That's progress my friends.

We finally decided that we would all come up with a suggestion for a book, and the only rule is it has to be something you haven't read before. Great right! no, wrong! It was my suggestion about choosing a book you've never read before.... what was I thinking? Talk about adding the pressure of having to judge a book by it's cover.
Today, I was talking to Zoe and she was having the same dilemma! Which made me think of yet another Joeyism that I wanted to blurt out in the phone to her. Here goes:

My parents were arguing with my brother and half way through the conversation he starts changing his mind or standpoint, and my mom calls him on it and says "Joey that's not what you said 5 minutes ago" and my brother replies "Okay fine, I totally disagree with myself!" Yep that's right say it again, because it even gets funnier the more you say it..... "Fine, I totally disagree with myself"

So I'm disagreeing with myself and picking a book I want to read again "The handmaiden's Tale" by Margret Atwood- cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment