Thursday 23 February 2012

Girls night

Last night some of the girls and I, Anna C, Azade, Asa j, Lydia, Sara and Sylwia got together for a movie night , and Of course the coffee table was full of snacks containing enough calories to fuel an expedition to the ends of the earth. As they arrived I busied myself in the kitchen as usual and reached for the everyday dessert plates and stopped suddenly remembering the hand-painted china we had inherited from mor mor Hulda. I quickly went to our china cupboard and counted out seven white plates with Hulda's motives decorated on them, and I found myself lost in a warm and fuzzy moment. I envisioned Hulda carrying the plates as I was, into her sitting room where a group of her friends sat at one of their regular quilting bees. I realized that these plates have now joined their next circle of friends. And then I thought Hulda is looking down with the biggest and proudest smile right now

No comments:

Post a Comment