Sunday 26 February 2012

A wedding... The planning is half the fun!

While I've been bedridden with this cold I've made good use of my imagination! A friend of mine got engaged this past Christmas and is planning to tie the knot this summer! It's been so long since I've been to a wedding and this has just reminded me of how much I love weddings! They really are great! I think the reason I enjoyed photographing them so much is because of the atmosphere. Everyone is dressed up and excited, love is in the air and all the smiling is contagious! Everyone is all teeth!
Wouldn't it be fun to be a wedding consultant! Sure I suppose there are bridezillas out there but mostly how could you not get swept up in all the wonderful things that go along with such an event!
I think of the 30 some weddings I've been to each one of them had something special that I took with me to savor in my thoughts later. As a amateur photographer I've been able to capture some of these on film and my top three are:
1. The moment everyone sees the bride for the first time
2. When they are exchanging their vows and looking into each others eyes, it's here there are so many emotions coming out in different ways, some cry, some laugh and some even blush, it always gets me to see the groom tearing up!
3. After they marry how everyone can't take their eyes off the couple and at first they are even pensive to approach them... The first brave guest usually tip toes over as if the couple is made of delicate china... Then after that there are hugs all around!

Oh how I love weddings but I love remembering the ones I have been to just as much! Thank you miss S for taking me down memory lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment